Our experts' choices for the best cruises out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The busy port provides many options and these are the top ten.
1. 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean: Cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Philipsburg (St Maarten), San Juan (Puerto Rico) and Labadee (Haiti) for an active and affordable good time for the whole family. The Harmony of the Seas ship is one of the largest and most innovative ships in the industry.
2. 6-day Eastern Caribbean cruise on Carnival Cruise Line: Visit 3 of Carnival's private resorts on a "Fun Ship". Go to Nassau (Bahamas), Half Moon Cay (Bahamas), Grand Turk (Turks & Caicos) and Amber Cove (Dominican Republic). Carnival cruises are one big party.
3. 11-night Ultimate Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Cruises: Sail deep into the Caribbean to Grand Cayman (Cayman Islands), Cartagena (Colombia), Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire. The modern chic style of Celebrity ships is great for people with grown-up tastes.
4. 54-day round-trip Mediterranean cruise on Holland America Line: Cruise to Europe and back; no flight required! This trip of a lifetime goes to Cape Verde, Gambia, Senegal, Canary Islands, Morocco, Gibraltar, Spain, Monaco, Italy, Portugal, Azores and Bermuda.
5. 50-night cruise around South America on Cunard Line: A luxury cruise that goes through the Panama Canal and all the way around the continent of South America. Visiting Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Ecuador and more.
6. 7-night Western Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean: Cruise on a huge ship that is packed with things to do. The Allure of the Seas departs from Ft Lauderdale for Cozumel (Mexico), Falmouth (Jamaica) and Labadee (Haiti).
7. 10-night cruise to Cuba on Pearl Sea Cruises: Cuba is a trendy travel destination, and this is the only cruise there from Ft Lauderdale. Visit Havana (Cuba)(overnight), Cienfuegos (Cuba), Trinidad (Cuba), El Cobre (Cuba) and Santiago de Cuba (Cuba).
8. 10-day Panama Canal cruise on Princess Cruises: Panama Canal cruises are a specialty of Princess. They offer round-trip cruises that go half-way into the canal and also visit Princess Cays (Bahamas), Cartagena (Colombia), Colon (Panama), Limon (Costa Rica) and Grand Cayman (Cayman Islands).
9. 16-day Transatlantic cruise on Silversea: One-way cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Dublin (Ireland) on an ultra-luxury ship. Visit New York, Newfoundland, Galway, Killybegs and Belfast. The finest way to cross the Atlantic.
10. 10-night Western Caribbean cruise on Costa Cruises: A longer cruise visits more islands. Key West (Florida), Grand Cayman (Cayman Islands), Roatan Island (Honduras), Belize City (Belize), Costa Maya (Mexico) and Cozumel (Mexico). Costa is an Italian-based line, which makes it a little different.